The International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) wishes to thank its principal online suppliers AFTER, CANON - deltatre, Eurosportech, Getty Images, Haymarket Network and SEIKO who via the IAAF app and website helped deliver our coverage of 14th edition of the IAAF World Championships, Moscow, Russia (10 to 18 August 2013). CANON and SEIKO are both Official IAAF Partners.
During Moscow 2013, the IAAF Website witnessed over 30% more visitors and over 25% more unique users than for the same period during Daegu 2011, while the launch of the IAAF App, the official Live results, stats and news application for iPhone, iPod, iPad and Android devices from the Home of World Athletics was greeted extremely positively.
• Athlete accreditation photos which were published with the results of each competitor on the IAAF website. The service on site for Moscow 2013 included the set-up of 7 accreditation centres in 7 different venues in Moscow (operative during a period of one month), the training of the volunteers, and overseeing of all the accreditation procedures in each centre by 12 accreditation experts.
Web site: after.it
CANON - deltatre
• Design, delivery and management of the IAAF’s first App.
• Official results were gathered, processed and distributed live by a selected team of on-site operators in Moscow, working in collaboration with SEIKO for timing and measurement collection.
• ODF Official data processing on IAAF Historical Database and data publication on iaaf.org
• ODF Real Time data processing and data publication on iaaf.org
• Database Applications support and Monitoring tools
Web site: eurosportech.com
• IAAF Official Photographers whose dedicated team provided the institutional and competition photographic coverage of the 49th IAAF Congress and 14th edition of the IAAF World Championships.
Web site: gettyimages.co.uk
• Design and build of the IAAF World Championship site for Moscow including the delivery of live event results, live blog and radio to the site.
• Supported by Haymarket's on-site operations team, Amazon Web Services allowed the IAAF website to run on the optimum number of servers to accommodate peaks of traffic delivering 100% availability to iaaf.org during the championships.
Web site: haymarketnetwork.com
• Official IAAF Partner for 30 years and technical services provider for every IAAF World Athletics Series event including 13 IAAF World Championships, SEIKO supplied the timing and measurement services which recorded the performances of Moscow 2013.
• Seiko’s team of specialist timing engineers delivered the precise and instantaneous timing data on which the sport depends including: continuation of the development of VDM technology for long and triple jump, transponder services for both stadium and road events.