The IAAF / VTB Bank Continental Cup which takes place in Split, Croatia this weekend (4 / 5) involves teams from Africa, Americas, Asia/Pacific and Europe and there is a total of US$2,900,000 in prize money being paid by the IAAF*.
- Each team will be allowed to enter two athletes in each event (three in the 1500m, 3000m, 5000m and 3000mSC but only the first two finishers from each team shall score points).
- Only one athlete from any one country may compete in each individual event.
- Individual events: 1st: 8pts, 2nd: 7pts, 3rd: 6pts, 4th: 5pts, 5th: 4pts, 6th: 3pts,
7th: 2pts, 8th: 1pt
- Relays: 1st: 15pts, 2nd: 11pts, 3rd: 7pts, 4th: 3pts
- Teams: Points achieved by men and women will be combined and the overall winner of the IAAF Continental Cup will be the team with the most combined points.
- Total of US$2,900,000 will paid by the IAAF*
Individual events (36) - $2,628,000
Relays (4) - $272,000
*subject to anti-doping controls