Specialities: Middle/Long Distance, High Jump, Long Jump, Triple Jump, Pole Vault, Shot Put, Discus Throw, Javelin Throw, Hammer Throw, Sprints & Hurdles.
Coaches & Specialities:
Lubos Benko: High Jump
Abdi Bile: Endurance
Lee Christopher: Long Jump
Ramil Ganiev: Pole Vault
Ivica Jakeljic: Throws
John Nuttall: Endurance / Middle Distance
Rudolf Sopko: Sprints and Jumps
Brendan Tammo: Sprints
Facilities: The Aspire Academy and Aspire Zone can offer several world-class venues which are an ideal preparatory environment for athletes.
The range of facilities available within the Aspire Dome includes:
- An IAAF-accredited indoor 200m athletics track with 4500 seats and a video board
- An outdoor 400m Mondo athletics track with pole vault run way, 2 x long jump runways
- An outdoor throws area with six throw circles, full throws cage and javelin runway.
- Gymnastics training hall
- A FIFA standard football pitch with 5500 seats and a video board
- An Olympic size pool and diving pool with 800 seats
- Table tennis hall
- Multi-purpose courts for basketball, volleyball, handball, martial arts and squash
- Fencing arena
- An indoor warm up track and broadcast facility
- Gymnasium, physiotherapy and high-performance laboratory centres
- A 1,200-seat amphitheatre and cafeterias
- Offices, meeting and conference rooms and VIP corporate suites
It has the capacity to host thirteen different sporting events simultaneously, in a climate controlled arena and is credited as the world’s largest indoor multi-purpose dome.
Accommodation: The accommodation consists of 2 modern hotels located within 5 minutes walking distance of all the ATC’s facilities. Breakfast is included at the hotel, while lunch and dinner is provided within the Aspire Academy’s catering hall.
Grand Heritage Hotel Doha - http://www.theheritagedoha.com/
The Torch Hotel Doha - http://www.thetorchdoha.com/
The hotels are equipped with either double or twin rooms, air conditioning, WIfI, TVs etc.
Price: 30 USD Basic price (depending on level of accommodation, full board)
Other Facilities: The Centre benefits from the Aspetar Sports Medicine Hospital which is Qatar’s leading centre for the management of sports-related injuries and illnesses. There is also the Aspire Park which covers an area of 88 hectares, which is a great place to enjoy with its beautiful fountains, lake and trees.
Part of the complex houses the Villagio Italian themed Shopping Mall with its 200 plus stores and 150-meter long indoor canal complete with gondolas.
Comments: The Aspire Academy can offer athletes the chance to train on the indoor track that hosted the 2010 IAAF World Indoor Championships, next to the venue that will host the IAAF World Championships in 2019.
Apart from excellent sporting facilities, the city of Doha has many attractions to offer. One can visit the stalls and cafes of the Souk Waqif, discover the true essence of Islamic Arts and culture in the extensive museums or even embark on a desert excursion.