Despite strong wind and damp conditions the Hervis Prague Half Marathon, Prague, Czech Republic, today witnessed Kenyan Patrick Ivuti shatter the race record, breaking Silas Kirui’s 2005 mark by 7 seconds.
Ivuti placed first, with a time of 1:01:00, while finishing second and third were fellow Kenyans, Jacob Yator (1:01:20) and Stephen Kipkoech Kibiwott, the defending Prague Half Marathon champion (1:01:54).
In the women’s category, Russian runner, Liliya Shobukhova, making her half marathon debut, narrowly edged out defending champion Caroline Chepkorir Kwambai. Shobukhova and Kwambai finished with identical times of 1:11:14. Leila Aman Tola, of Ethiopia (1:11:24).
Rich Herstek for the IAAF
1. IVUTI, Patrick M. KEN 1:01:00
2. YATOR, Jacob KEN 1:01:20
3. KIBIWOTT, Stephen K. KEN 1:01:54
4. FEYISSA, Tadesse ETH 1:02:22
5. KORIR, John C. KEN 1:02:22
6. SULLE, Martin H. TAN 1:03:11
7. ROTICH, William T. KEN 1:03:13
8. HAILU, Mesfin ETH 1:03:26
1. SHOBUKHOVA, Liliya RUS 1:11:14
2. KWAMBAI, Caroline C. KEN 1:11:14
3. TOLA, Leila Aman ETH 1:11:24
For complete results and photos, visit www.praguemarathon.com