A major Biomechanics Research Project has been taking place during the IAAF World Championships, Daegu 2011 (27 Aug to 4 Sep) in Daegu Stadium.
The project which follows on from a comprehensive study made in Berlin 2009 - click here - is being conducted by the Korean Society of Sport Biomechanics (KSSB) on behalf of KAAF (Korean Amateur Athletic Federation) in cooperation with the IAAF and the Local Organising Committee (LOC) of Daegu 2011.
The KSSB was formed in 1976 as an academic organisation interested in the field of sports biomechanics.
The aim of the Scientific Committee of the KAAF in setting up this project in Daegu 2011 was to provide scientific information on the competitions and offer the details to athletes and coaches to help improve their performance. Brief results of the research are already available in Daegu, while the detailed analysis will be published next year in the IAAF’s respected journal New Studies in Athletics, though some special issues will be published by the end of 2011 in English and Korean versions.
There are 20 people involved in coordinating the project in Daegu, specialised for the different events and these include the members of the Scientific Committee, the KSSB and graduate students acting as their assistants.
The following activities are taking place in Daegu:
1. Videotaping and analysis of track events (Men’s 100m and 110mH and Women’s 100m and 100mH)
- Running speed, stride length and stride frequency analysis during races
- Temporal analysis of touchdown time in hurdle events
- Three and/or two dimensional analysis of running techniques
- Speed curves during 100m sprint measured with laser beam system
2.Videotaping and analysis of field events (Men’s and Women’s Long Jump, High Jump, Triple Jump, Pole Vault, Javelin Throw and Shot Put)
- Speed curves of approach running measured with laser beam system
- Three and/or two dimensional analysis of take-off techniques
- Three and/or two dimensional analysis of throwing techniques
- IAAF logo (IAAF.org) © Copyright
|Men's 100m - Usain Bolt: Heat and Semi - Daegu 2011||EN|
|Men's High Jump - QUAL - Daegu 2011||EN|
|Men's 200m (Bolt semi-final) - Daegu 2011||EN|
|Men's 200m Final - Daegu 2011||EN|
|Men's High Jump - FINAL - Daegu 2011||EN|
|Men's Shot Put - QUAL - Daegu 2011||EN|
|Women's 200m Final - Daegu 2011||EN|
|Women's Triple Jump - QUAL - Daegu 2011||EN|
|Women's 100m Hurdles - Rd 1 - Daegu 2011||EN|
|Women's Triple Jump - FINAL - Daegu 2011||EN|
|Women's 100m Hurdles - FINAL, Daegu 2011||EN|
|Women's High Jump - FINAL - Daegu 2011||EN|
|Men's Javelin Throw - FINAL - Daegu 2011||EN|