Action at the inaugural IAAF / VTB Bank Continental Cup is set to start later today here in Split, Croatia with teams representing Africa, Americas, Asia/Pacific and Europe.
You can access Men's and Women's Athletes Biographies by Day as well as Event by Event predictions in Pdf format via the links under the related items section.
Event by Event reports as well as Live Results and Live Radio will be available throughout the two-day competition.
IAAF / VTB Bank Continental Cup
Composition of Teams
- Each team will be allowed to enter two athletes in each event (three in the 1500m, 3000m, 5000m and 3000mSC but only the first two finishers from each team shall score points).
- Only one athlete from any one country may compete in each individual event.
- individual events: 1st: 8pts – 2nd: 7pts – 3rd: 6pts – 4th: 5pts – 5th: 4pts – 6th: 3pts – 7th: 2pts – 8th: 1pt
- relays: 1st: 15pts – 2nd: 11pts – 3rd: 7pts – 4th: 3pts
- teams: Points achieved by men and women will be combined and the overall winner of the IAAF Continental Cup will be the team with the most combined points.